Thursday, January 11, 2007

More Teeth!

Hi there. What a crazy few nights we've had! Jacob has been working on teeth 5 & 6 so we've had night waking and screamfests.... but today I noticed tooth #7 has shown up too. Ugg. No wonder he's been nuts. Oh - and to add to it all - he's growing again so he wants to eat about every 2 hours! The past few nights Hank and I have taken turns staying up with him. He has been glassy-eyed and just plain hyper. So hyper that we though he was going to just walk last night. He likes to hold on to stuff and stand - but can't figure out how to move his feet yet. It's pretty cute :) So it's been some tired nights in the Carter household. Hopefully it won't last but a few more days/nights. I tried to give him a cherio yesterday. He can't quite pinch it with the tips of his fingers. I sorta showed him to put it in his mouth. He nibbled and then swalled it whole! I freaked out as I thought I was going to have to refer to my "choking chart" to save him. His eyes watered and he was fine - but not quite ready for steak - no matter how many teeth he has now. HA! And so it goes.....

6 comments:

jenni said...

Sounds like you are going thru the worst of it.. After these.. hopefully you wont have too much problem with the rest..

jenni said...

Tammy --
Instead of Cheerios (that don't dissolve fast) try the Gerber fruit or veggie puffs... We used them with Ben and they are great.. b/c they melt almost instantly.. but it gave him the coordination to learn feeding himself..
Good luck..
(The biter biscuits are good too.. but SUPER messy)

Tammy said...

Thanks for the tip! I'll try some. He ate apple sauce today and of course - scarffed it down! I know, beware the fruit. But got to give him some variety sometime - so today seemed like a good day :)

Laura said...

Yay Jacob! Congrats on the new video --glad your dad learned how to dub music.

jenni said...

The video was great -- I loved the song choice -- So did Ben.. he squealed the entire 4 minutes and bounced on dad's lap.. So two thumbs up from him!...

Tuba, or not tuba ... that is the question said...

Apparently Laura doesn't want any more videos posted until NEXT CHRISTMAS, when I'll have time to edit and add music and stuff.