Thursday, December 21, 2006

We're in Arkansas!

Hi everyone! Daddy is helping me on my blog again.

We spent most of Tuesday getting ready for our trip. Mommy and Daddy started to pack me in a suitcase, but then they decided I should stay with them. I was glad, because that suitcase was pretty small!


Yesterday I had my first plane ride! Daddy woke me up at 2:30 a.m. I didn't protest too much -- I figured, hey, I used to wake them up at 2:30 a.m. all the time! Daddy put me in the car, and we went to Atlanta. I slept most of the way, except when Mommy and Daddy stopped at a Wal-Mart at 4:30 a.m. because they left my bottle in the fridge!


We had a lot of stuff to haul around, that's for sure. Lots of people told Mommy and Daddy how cute I was, then commented on how much "extra stuff" they had. I don't see what the big deal is. My car seat, my stroller, my bed, my toys, my diapers -- those aren't "extra!" Don't worry, though; I did my part to help carry stuff around the airport:
Mommy and Daddy said I did a great job on the plane. I slept for most of the flight from Atlanta to Dallas; then I played the rest of the time. It was fun, especially since I got to sit by the window!

Mommy and Daddy ran (while I enjoyed the ride) to catch the next plane. We got there in plenty of time. That plane was a lot smaller; it took us to Fayettville. Grammy and Grandpa were there to meet us and take us home in Grandpa's loud car. (Note from Daddy: Dad/Grandpa thought there was a hole in the muffler, but it turns out something is messed up with a valve in the exhaust system. So we're stuck with a "white trash" Pacifica for a while.)


So now we're having fun at Grammy and Grandpa's house. I was so excited I woke up this morning at 5 a.m.!!! Daddy was a lot less excited than me, I guess, because he didn't seem too happy when he got me out of the crib.


One more picture before I go. This one is of me (of course) playing with Grammy and her stuffed sheep and Torpy, the seal.
More to come, I'm sure. Don't worry, Aunt Baby ... I'll be sure to bug Mommy and/or Daddy into helping me post more updates before Christmas.

7 comments:

jenni said...

So glad you guys made it ok.. LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures.. (and the blog)
THANKS!!

Tuba, or not tuba ... that is the question said...

You know I was just messing with you about not blogging enough, right?

jenni said...

yeah yeah -- just blog already! :D Hope you all are having fun, wish we could've been there too.

Tuba, or not tuba ... that is the question said...

We wish you were here, too....

jenni said...

Shirley thespian moor noose two right. Yule bin two biz-e?

Tuba, or not tuba ... that is the question said...

Jenni's peaks ink ode! Y?

Laura said...

Must be nice to have all these comments so you know people are reading your blog...